Want my undying love (and post cards and letters and hats and other friendship things?) then, you should help me pay for my plane ticket across the pond!
Two sandwiches later and I’m sobering up. #goodJobRiley
I’m heading to Brussels and Leiden to study the European experience with democracy and mechanisms of governance.
Hey guys! I’m working on fuding my study abroad tirep though indiegogo. So if you have a spare dollar or two please help me out! (and there are some fun perks in it for you too!)
My father has never been affectionate until now. I’m so confused. Well, it makes sense. But still, it’s lovely.
I don’t want to write this paper. I have an extension because of the accident and the fact that the pain meds make working difficult. But, I should do this paper. The last thing I should do is add more stress into my life by falling behind in class. But, I don’t waaaaannaaaa.
I rage-tweeted about Allstate and they replied apologizing that I was upset and asking what they could do to help. Is
- Stop trying to get me to close the medical claim; I’m 21 and in excruciating back pain. I don’t need to skimp on medical care and create a long-lasting problem for myself
- Actually communicate with me. If I have 4 days before you take possession of my car, tell me. And tell me on day one. Not tell my mother on day two and hope it gets passed along.
- Be mindful of timing: If you say you’ll show up at noon show up at noon. I didn’t leave class early for you to be late. And don’t call at 8am because I’m a college student and not about early mornings.
- Communicate between departments. I’ve had the same conversation with three different people. Then my mother had the same conversation with those same people. We said the same things: the solutions that they offered me were currently unworkable and we need more time. How many people do I have to tell that my father is out of the country, my grandfather is ill, and my mother is out of the state and so there is currently *nothing* that can be done about transferring the car’s title?
- Stop being asshats. Your client hit me. It is strict liability and 100% his fault. Stop pestering me. Stop trying to make this any harder on me. I’m in too much pain to do things that I enjoy, I can barely do my job, I’m on 4 different medications which, while they dull the pain, make academic endeavors impossible. I have to choose between being in too much pain to move and being too tired to work. And the pestering phone calls. The pushes to do things that I’ve already said aren’t workable. The fact that B. and I are trapped 400+ miles from home. I understand that corporations are considered people by many in the government, so act human. Give me a little time and space to handle this and stop calling every other day. Stop trying to take my car and take the title and understand that there is nothing that I can do until one of the older adults (more adult adults?) in my life is available to help.
a fair enough list? Because that’s currently what I would love out of this company.
Anonymous asked: I think the crowdsourcing idea makes sense. If you have it set to collect the money even if you don't hit the target, there's no downside. I'd contribute regardless of the perks because I think you'd be a good investment. But postcards (or a nice warm hat) would always be a nice perk.
Thanks so much for the encouragement anon! I’m having a few people proof it right now so it can go live soon since I’m leaving in just over 2 months!